Iranian regime intentions of executing Ahwazis in the military parade attack anniversary
According to Ahwazi human rights activists in Ahwaz region quoted to Ahwazi Centre for Human Rights, that the Iranian criminal regime are intending to execute large number of Ahwazi prisoners in the September that coincides with the anniversary of Military Parade attack that taken place on 22ndof September 2018.
Ahwazi human rights activists also have stated that the Iranian intelligence service has loomed the prisoners’ families from publishing the imminent execution of their children by all means of threats, such as intimidation that led to misleading the families of Ahwazi prisoners.
Ahwazi rights activists has revealed important information in this regards, that the families of the prisoners have been silenced as a result of the process of misleading them by the Iranian regime’s intelligence and judicial systems in (false) promising the families to interrupt the death penalty against their sons if the news of their executions is not published in international media.
Dozens of Ahwazi prisoners have been charged with “Baghi” in recent months. According to Iranian law, those prisoners that are charged with “Baghi”, are sentenced to death according to article 287 and 288 of the Iranian Penal Code (law).
The Ahwazi Centre for Human Rights has documented following Ahwazi prisoners names that charged with “Baghi” accusation:
- Mrs Sahba (Lamiya) Hamadi son of Zeydan, 21 years old, Married, resident of Khafajiya (Susangerd Persian name) city, and writer and social network activist,
- Mr. Sayed Morteza Mousawi son of Yousef, 25 years old, single, resident of Khafajiya (Susangerd Persian name) city, student of English literature and was arrested 2 – 3 months before the military parade attack,
- Mrs Kholoud Sabhani,
- Mrs Zaynab Afrawi,
- Mr. Abdullah Shamusi,
- Mr. Eidan Shamusi,
- Mr. Abdul Nabi Shamusi,
- Mr. Sadegh Saeidi,
- Mr. Anwar Neysi, resident of “Althoura” district of Ahwaz capital,
- 10- Mr. Ali Haidari son of Shayea and resident of Mallashyeh district of Ahwaz capital,
- Mr. Ahmad Hemri, 29 years old, Master educated and resident of Mandali district of Ahwaz capital,
- Mr. Abdullah Maramazi son of Jawad, 27 years old, single and resident of Khafajiya (Susangerd Persian name) city, and was arrested 2 – 3 months before the military parade attack,
- Mr. Reza Ojeili (Maramazi) , single and resident of Khafajiya (Susangerd Persian name) city, and was arrested 2 – 3 months before the military parade attack,
- Mr. Ahmad Korushat son of Kazem, 30 years old and resident of Mandali district of Ahwaz capital,
- Mr. Abdulhakim Korushat son of Manan, 26 years old, Married and has two kids (boy and girl) and resident of Mandali district of Ahwaz capital,
- Mr. Hassan Abayat son of Jalaw, born of 1978.
While numbers of sentenced to death been arrested a few months before the military parade attack, the Ahwazi human rights activists have added that the Iranian regime’s security apparatus intends to execute these prisoners in connection with a parade attack in order to settle accounts (Or get rid of the Ahwazi prisoners with long imprisonment) with Ahwazi political prisoners who have been in prison for many years.
Human rights activists in Al-Ahwaz have reported that prisoners sentenced to death have been deprived of any opportunity to defend themselves against unjust and unfair charges by the Iranian regime courts.
According to reliable sources, Ahwazi prisoners have been subjected to brutal torture by the Iranian intelligence service for months, and under barbaric torture fake confessions have been obtained from them.
The Iranian regime officials has used heinous torture against Ahwazi prisoners to get confess from prisoners for their involvement in a parade attack took place in September 2018, and has recorded videos of forced confessions to release them in the in media days before the execution.
Iranian regime authorities executed two Ahwazi activists in the Fajr prison in the city of Dazful at around dawn on Sunday, August 4, 2019, following months of torture during which both were forced into making false confessions.
The families of the two men, 38-year-old Abdullah Karamullah Ka,ab and 32-year-old Qassem Abdullah, were notified of their executions in brief phone calls shortly after they took place by regime officials who informed them that they could not obtain their loved ones’ bodies for burial or know where they had been buried. The families were also warned against holding any mourning ceremonies, with regime police reportedly arresting family members who defied these cruel proscriptions to hold funeral prayers for their deceased fathers and sons.
Ahwazi Centre for Human Right strongly condemns any Iranian regime move towards executing Ahwazi defendless people and calls upon Mr. Javaid Rehman the United Nations special rapporteur for situation of human rights in Iran and Mrs Agnes Callamard the UN special rapporteur on extra-Judicial execution to intervene and stopping Iranian criminal regime from executing innocent prisoners that were arrested without any legal warrant.
Ahwazi Centre for Human Right