Iranian security forces launched massive random arrests on Tuesday the 12thof June 2018, as every year ahead of Eid al-Fitr rallies.
Activists reported to Ahwazi Centre for Human Rights (ACHR) that the security forces arrested dozens of Ahwazi activists and the beginning was from the Althoura (Alavi) district where number of activists were arrested, including:
- Sayed Mehdi Mousawi with age of 27,
- Ali Sawari with age of 31,
- Hossein Sawari with age of 28,
- Kazem Zabi with age of 25,
- Ali Helichi with age of 25,
- Khaled Sawari with age of 38,
- Taregh Zabi,
- Ahmad Cheldawi,
- Fazel Sawari,
- Sayed Hamad Mousawi,
Also the Iranian security service has arrested large number of activists from Malashiyeh district where ACHR has identified the following names:
- Ahmad Silawi with age of 25,
- Hossein Masodi with age of 30
- Hamzeh Badawi with age of 24,
- Abbas Badawi with age of 23,
- Meysam Badawi with age of 26,
- Adnan Silawi with age of 24,
- Abdulrahman Khasraji with age of 33.
The arrests were made after police forces showed off their strength on Tuesday night at Farahani Street in the district of Ahwaz capital, in the presence of the commander of these forces, Brigadier General Haider Abbaszadeh (Brazjani) and his assistant officer Ali Zadeh and Colonel Khalifeh as head of the prevention unit as well as internal security forces and units of Special Operations Forces in Ahwaz.
In similar context, The Persian occupation authorities arrested large number of Ahwazi activists in Sheyban city on Sunday the 3rdof June 2018, in continuation of the suppression of Ahwazi citizens.
The ACHR has identified following names:
- Morteza Amiri with age of 26,
- Jasem Zobeidi with age of 26,
- Hossein Zobeidi with age of 18,
- Ali Daylami with age of 25,
- Mohammad Salami,
- Abdul Rahim Neisi
- Kazem Salami
- Majed Anafjeh with age of 28,
- Jawad Salami,
- Ghaleb Aboudi,
- Sayed Hashem Alboshokeh,
- Sayed Mohammed Alboshokeh,
- Abdullah Neysi with age of 38,
- Abdulrahman Zergani.
Muhammad Sharifi (picture), a 20-year-old Ahwazi activist who was chased by the Iranian security service for his participation in organizing peaceful protests in the “Al Ain” area of Ahwaz capital two months ago, disappeared and his family found him hanged in front of his house at dawn Friday 22ndof June 2018.
The Ahwazi Centre for Human Rights condemns arbitrary arrests against Ahwazi activists and calls for the immediate and unconditional release of the all detainees, and put full responsibility of Mr. Sharifi’s life to the Iranian security service.
Ahwazi Centre for Human Rights